I can't believe the progress in the last 24 hours. We are HOME. And let me tell you, I will never again take for granted the days I can say "Get in the Car" because today was a serious adventure to get home. Have you ever wondered how a kid in a body cast is seat belted? I hope you never find out. But for us, we are so grateful to be home and home is where we will stay for quite some time.
Ashton finally got a decent night sleep last night and even managed to smile this morning when the doctor came in to check on him. So the plan was to hold down any quantity of food, and other sorted medical requirements, get fitted for a car seat vest and have our vehicle approved by the hospital safety seat team and then head home before anything could set us back.
We were greeted at home by Grandma, Aidan, 2 happy dogs, more get well letters from school, and an awesome banner from Ashton's best basketball buddies.
Home feels GOOD and I honestly don't know how things changed so dramatically so quickly, but I'm glad it was for the better. We all needed it.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- GETyourMOMMYon
- I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.



Welcome Home Ashton!
ReplyDeleteFantastic! Welcome home Ashton, Mom, and Dad... I'm so glad to hear that things are a little better! :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Glad you're home! If you and Brit need a date, I'd love to bring my boys up and hang with your boys. Anytime. Marcy
ReplyDeleteSo Glad you guys are home, and Owen is super excited about his Wii play date. Prayers are continuing your way!!
ReplyDeleteKim