Saturday, December 10, 2011
Crappy Birthday
Let's be honest even the most tolerant kid would find it a real challenge to smile in a body cast on his birthday. I can't sugarcoat this experience. It's MISERABLE for Ashton and heartbreaking to watch. We can't imagine leaving the hospital. It takes 4 of us to move him from bed to wheel chair. Can you imagine a 4 and half hour car ride home?! MERCY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- GETyourMOMMYon
- I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.

How long until he can come home? It won't make it any less crappy, but do tell him "happy birthday!"
ReplyDeleteI have had you all on my mind..I wanted to text you but thought I better wait. I am sure this whole experience has been very overwhelming, and surgery is stressful. Just know you are in our thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteHand in there Ashton.... Mom and Dad too. This is like the beginning of a new life - birth is painful but it's followed by a lifetime of many happy times. You are one tough kid!
ReplyDeleteKnowing how much you hate that word 'crappy' speaks volumes. Thought about your family and Ashton all week-end. Happy Birthday anyway. And NO, I can't imagine a 4 and a half hour car ride. Sedate everyone but the driver. Hugs from St. George!
ReplyDeleteTammy