No, not the convenience store! My 7 year old recently hiked 11 miles in Zion National Park with his proud Dad. "He's a natural!", says Dad. He eagerly carried his own pack, surveyed maps, helped set up the tent, and enjoyed the delicious backpacker food which included dry ramen and coach's oats. He also learned how to filter his drinking water and follow cairns along the trail. Our 5 year old opted to stay home with mom and enjoy the comforts of home living. When asked if he thinks he will enjoy hiking when he's 7 he didn't hesitate before proclaiming, "No!" So, the backpacker gene is not 100% strong in this family. One thing we did all agree on was pizza after picking our packers up at the trailhead. But, as you can see, our 5 year old even thought the wait for that was exhausting. When I asked Aidan about his trip he said, "I brushed my teeth for 4 minutes last night!" When I asked why, 4 minutes? He said, I just watched Dad and whatever he did I did too because if it's right for him, it must be good for me too." Ahh, father/son bonding at it's best! (See a few more pictures at the bottom of my blog)
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- GETyourMOMMYon
- I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.

Wow Aidan really is all about the outdoors! After all that I love that brushing his teeth for four minutes is the part he shared with you!
ReplyDeleteAlso I asked Regan who was in the last picture and she said, "me and my daddy." When I told her it is Aidan and Britt she said, "Oh does Aidan and Ashton have a Britt Daddy?"
ReplyDeleteHey Megan! I found ya! Send me your email and I'll add ya to our blog too!!! Way to get your "Mommy On!"
ReplyDelete