Friday, July 3, 2009

Great Vacation




We're home after a 1655 mile road trip that included camping by hot springs, a fast power boat excursion on Lake Tahoe, a 90th birthday celebration for Grandma Ranahan with lots of fun cousins, horse and pony rides with Grandpa Ranahan and bowling with Mim. Prior to our trip Aidan said, "I know it will be a long time in the car, but it will be worth it!" 1000 miles into it, I reminded the cranky backseat driver of his own quote and he said, "Right now, it's NOT worth it!" Thankfully, a change of seats helped him get over it, and he was again glad we made the LONG drive. Ashton, our time keeper learned to ask, "How many hours to the next place?" He was so delighted when Aunt Kerry told him her house was only 5 minutes away from where we met her for lunch. I believe his mouth dropped in amazment. Both boys were delighted with the trip and couldn't even tell me their favorite part because they loved so many different things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.