Sunday, June 14, 2009

Vegas Baby!

After 7 years of motherhood I can still count on one hand the number of nights we have been childless. Thanks to my in-laws we stole a night at the Rio in Las Vegas this past week. My husband checked us in while I stood out of the line with our luggage comprised mostly of all the necessary requirements for making Britt's famous margaritas. (What can I say...his are better than the casinos.) Anyway, he came back smiling saying, "Upgrade baby!" with all the pride of a guy who believes his good looks scored us this unexpected surprise. The friendly woman at the checkout counter asked if he had ever stayed at the Rio before and when my husband enthusiatically replied, "No, this is the first time." She said she would give him an extra special room. We joked on our way up the elevator that during the recession, they probably say that to everyone just to lift your spirits in sin city. As it turns out our upgrade was HUGE! Our suite was SWEET! It was bigger in square footage than our house with 4 large rooms, 2 bathrooms and one whole side of the suite was floor to ceiling windows. 19 floors up we could look down at the pool while sitting in our own private hot tub. From every other room we could look out at all the other shiny resorts. Unfortunately, I didn't bring a camera so I can't post a picture. You'll have to trust me when I tell you we literally could not hear each other from one end to the other. It was like having 4 spectacular rooms combined without walls and it curved around 180 degrees! All this for $87! For dinner we enjoyed our own sushi restaurant (desolate just like all the others in the hotel.) Later we enjoyed "Cracker" poolside for free. This was an amazing night to ourselves. But, because we are proud parents and can't help but think of our kids while we are enjoying ourselves...We returned to the Rio after picking up our kids from Grandma and Grandpa's and headed right back to the Rio to let them enjoy the "open to the public" swimming pool. I've got to say, "Thank you, RIO!"

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I wish you brought your camera! Not even the flip? Seriously? Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ROCKS!!! You hear of upgrades but never like that! Looks like you won in Vegas, and good plug I guess we will have to stay at the Rio on our next trip to Vegas!

    Not even a camera on your cell phone?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.