Monday, July 30, 2012

Time Marches On

I guess I better catch up on summer before I head back to school 2 weeks from today.  We enjoyed a wonderful week in Tahoe with friends, and my sisters' families.  This was our 4th annual Lake Tahoe trip and its always a highlight to the year for all of us. 

I love this photo, but one adorable niece is not in it so she earns her own spot on my blog...




my bff since age 13 met us there too

A few weeks later Ashton had his second hip surgery and here's the low down...

This surgery was more manageable than the first one...things were taken out instead of cut and screwed in. He spent way less time in the hospital and he's not in a cast this time.  He does however have to sleep with his legs spread apart with a large foam velcro "pillow", but he says that is better than the previous cast.

The ball of his hip has not regenerated YET.  His legs are still NOT the same length which still makes walking and bending challenging.  But we are optimistic that things will improve from here...the time frame is uncertain and no predictions are made by doctors.  But, he will be back to school without crutches and his attitude is still amazing!  And for that we are so THANKFUL!





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.