Well, it turns out I wrote the last post a bit prematurely. After thinking all was well after Ashton's July surgery, it suddenly wasn't. A fever of 104 brought us to the ER which led to another visit to the OR and another night in the hospital. He was treated for infection and put on antibiotics. 10 days later the infection lingered and he was put on stronger antibiotics and now we are hoping that the end of this medication will be the end of the story. As you can tell from the photo above, Aidan liked visiting Ashton in the hospital. Why is a Wii more exciting when it is not your own?Nevertheless, Ashton was able to attend part of the first day of school and continues to be so strong through all his trials. Already a class assignment asked him to complete this sentence... I am special because (and Ashton put) ... I'm lucky!

No comments:
Post a Comment