Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's a boy thing


We are strongly against guns. For the first three years of parenthood we didn't even want to purchase a harmless squirt gun, because it was well, a gun. I saw a Dateline a few years back that showed boys playing guns through imaginative play even when the parents predicted their own children wouldn't. I falsely assumed if I didn't purchase toy guns my boys would somehow know that guns are dangerous and not show an interest. Ha! Look at these two! If not for the smiles you would run for your life. Am I softening? Am I losing my values? I think I've just learned to agree that it really is a boy thing and at least these are NERF! And I must say, I rather enjoy a game of Nerf Tag myself.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, we were just having the "gun" discussion too! We are also against guns and the boys don't even know what one is...but yes it is a boy thing! Brecken will pick up sticks and shoot things (I think he learned it from his friends) but never the less, boys will be boys :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.