As many of you may remember it took Ashton a long time to agree to get a haircut of any kind. So long in fact, we got attached to his long curly locks and couldn't imagine him looking any different. Recently he decided that his recent trim cuts were not really worth his time. He wanted a REAL haircut. He looked through the books and picked out pictures of mohawks and shaved heads. He said he wanted all his hair off the top of his head and nothing touching his ears. I was very afraid of losing the little boy with the messy curls, but he is almost 6 and I have to let him believe that his decision matters too (even though I'm giving the hair dresser signals behind his back). Thankfully the very entertained gal at Great Clips knew how to compromise with both of our requests. At the end of the haircut Ashton looked at himself in the mirror and with a great big smile said, "Finally! Now that's exactly what I was looking for!" (And yes, he also lost both his front teeth in the last month.)
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- GETyourMOMMYon
- I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.

I love the haircut Ashton! Can't wait to see it in person! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny! Please tell me he threw his hands up as he yelled finally because that is how I picture it!
ReplyDeleteLove it Ashton!!!