Tuesday, June 12, 2012

May and June Updates


I LOVE summer.  I accomplish so much when I'm not working and it's nice to feel like I can possibly make my TO DO pile smaller rather than larger and check things off.  Here's a little catching up.

Take time to admire...Annular eclipse from New Harmony.  Perfect view, free of charge and our great neighbors supplied the delicious ribs and the proper viewing eyewear. (Thousands of people from all over the U.S. came to Kannaraville (same exit off 1-15) to have the best view.)

Find a new home for the adorable guinea pig that keeps me from breathing properly because I'm SO ALLERGIC to his HAY...Ashton's teacher took him and his cute family has already added him to their prayer list.  He's in good hands and I can breathe again. Thank you Ashton for giving him up.



Take Ashton back to Primary Children's for evaluation...Crutches are gone and physical therapy is in progress.  He is ready for REOSSIFICATION...bone growth, please start SOON.  July surgery will remove all the hardware in his femur.  The hip pillow below will be worn at night.  Meanwhile he is encouraged to swim and ride a horse frequently.  Swimming...check.  Horse...not so fast, that saddle still HURTS and getting on is no picnic.  Hoping for progress.



Move Aidan into his new and improved and repainted room.  He chose the colors and helped me paint.  Now he's got a new queen size bed and a grin to fill it up.


Reconnect with husband...We enjoyed two nights at Mandalay Bay while Grandma Kelsey kept our boys happy.  Then we got one night alone in our own house when the kids spent the night with Papahan and Mamahan.

Become a puppy whisperer...she passed the first grooming test and is 95% house broken (human error accounts for 5%).  She is also well traveled and crate trained.  She knows "sit" and can be let off a leash and not run away.  So far, so good.



Next week...routine medical check-ups for me, windows cleaned, stucco repaired, move into new classroom...I feel a deserved vacation coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.