Ashton claims I taught him last year that his "kidneys" are his "kid knees". At any rate it gave us a good laugh when really his kid knees are nothing to laugh about. As you can probably tell from the picture his knees are not lined up and this makes walking, standing, and bending all very challenging. The official medical term is LLD, leg length discrepency. Apparently this is all par for the Perthes course. If you want to know how Ashton feels try walking around in one high heel today (and everyday). He has a shoe insert, but it doesn't quite do the job. Apparently his next surgery (July) will help his shorter leg "catch up" as the blood flow increases in that leg. As for his attitude, baseball season is another reminder that he can't play things yet. To make up for it, he wants to go to ALL his friends games because at least watching his friends cheers him up. So if I'm not at school or in the water...I'll be at the ballfield as the proud mother of the sideline coach.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- GETyourMOMMYon
- I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.

It says a lot about Ashton's strength of character and positive attitude that he wants to be there for his friends, even though he can't participate actively. Impressive!
ReplyDelete