Monday, April 5, 2010

Remembering Jill

Jill Ehorn-Foy was one of my dearest friends in life. She made me laugh and smile about something every time we talked. We shared a lot of happy times together and I miss her already. She was beyond special! One day when I was in awe of her busy life I said, "Jill how do you do so much?" She said, "Life is meant to be shared and there are so many things to enjoy!" Another day she picked me up for yoga class and I quickly rushed out the door past Britt. She sent me back inside to take the time to kiss him good-bye.
She looked me right in the eye and said,
"Never miss a chance to say good-bye!"

Jill was the kind of teacher that inspired everyone around her to be a better teacher. The first year we met she bought each child in her class a caterpillar to keep on his own desk. The rest of our team thought she was so daring...knowing that first graders can be easily distracted. She confidently said, "It's no problem, they love it!" The rest of the team checked up on the progress and soon realized it was an amazing teaching experience and we all wanted to join in. Now every first grader in our school gets his very own caterpillar every year and the cycle of life is witnessed by all.

A buttefly emerges...and for a brief moment,
it's glory and beauty belong to our world.
But then it flies on again, and although we wished
it could have stayed,
We are so thankful to have seen it at all.
anonymous
Good-bye Jill.
I wish you could have stayed longer.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry you lost your friend. Although I am sure she will live on in your heart and continue to inspire you throughout your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to finish that with an I LOVE YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to sum that up Megan. She is gonna be missed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm teary eyed just reading it! We just got back from Nate's Grandpa's funeral, but I'm checking Jill's blog twice a day to find out the funeral information...Love ya, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.