Wednesday, May 1, 2013


 
What are we up to? S-O-C-C-E-R!  I'm coaching 2nd - 5th grade boys soccer because I love it so much and my boys are still wanting me to coach, a fact that warms my heart.  Aidan has hit his stride this season becoming a more confident player and Ashton has discovered that he loves to play goalie.  Soccer wraps up this Saturday and then I won't have an excuse for not weeding my yard.

I guess I haven't updated about Ashton's hip in far too long...The femoral head has started regenerating.  This is both thrilling and a test of patience because it can take a LONG time to fully regain necessary growth.  It's kind of like watching a pot of water boil.  If we watch it too closely it's hard to notice much of anything. So, we won't check the "water" again for a few months. He can play most things again, but running, sitting on the ground, and standing for too long still challenge him.  What's next?  Anyone's guess.  Wait and See, but enjoy as much as possible until the full femoral head shows us what it will look like.  For now, we are happy he is playing goalie, walking Ginger, and riding his bike again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm a mom, a wife, a teacher and a student currently taking blogger 101 from my sisters.